Common Admission Test (CAT) 2015 Exam Notification, cat 2015 examination schedule, notification, registration procedure, exam date, results date, fee details announced.
CAT 2015 Exam Notification – Common Admission Test Schedule
Ahmedabad: Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have announced the Registration for Common Admission Test 2015 (CAT 2015). The Advertisement for CAT 2015 has been released in 24 newspapers across the country on 26th July, 2015 (Sunday).
The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct Common Admission Test 2015 (CAT 2015) on 29th November, 2015 in two sessions. CAT 2015 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs.
Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) : Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
Official website For CAT 2015 : www.iimcat.ac.in • Help Desk Number : 18002660207
REGISTRATION FOR CAT 2015
The registration window opens on 6th August, 2015 and will close on 20th September, 2015. The details about the registration process will be available on CAT 2015 website www.iimcat.ac.in.
At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu. Candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred Cities in any 1 of the 2 sessions after the last date of registration. The candidates can download the admit cards from 15th October, 2015 till their exam date.
CAT 2015 ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
Following are the salient features important for CAT 2015 aspirants:
• CAT 2015 will be conducted in two sessions in one day. The exam will be held on 29.11.2015 (Sunday).
• The exam will be conducted in 136 Cities comprising 650 Test Sites.
• Candidates will be given the option to select 4 Test Cities in order of preference and hence need not rush to block slots and sites in the initial days of registration.
• We will try our best to assign candidates their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
• Candidates must pay the registration fee through online mode only, including Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking.
• After submission of Application, candidates will be permitted to download their Admit Card
from October 15, 2015 onwards, till the date of examination.
• Duration of the examination has been increased to 180 minutes instead of 170 minutes. There will be three sections, ‘Quantitative Aptitude (QA)’, ‘Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)’ and ‘Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)’. QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, and DILR will have 32 questions. Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this change. Also, we will allow use of basic on-screen calculator for computation.
• Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
• Tutorial to understand the format of the examination will be available on the CAT website from 15th October 2015. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials, available on the website, well in advance.
CAT 2015 ELIGIBILITY
The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also be referred to as Persons With Disability (PWD) categories], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES
The fees is Rs 1600 (General and NC-OBC candidates) and Rs 800 (SC/ST/PWD/DA) candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fees only once irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. SC, ST and PWD (DA) candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PWD (DA) certificates at the time of registration. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
CAT 2015 SCORE
A candidate’s CAT 2015 score card will be made available at the www.iimcat.ac.in and individual information will not be sent. The CAT results will be declared by 2nd week of January, 2016. CAT 2015 score is valid till December 31, 2016. The candidates’ scores will be made available till December 31, 2016. Subsequent to that date no queries related to issuance of CAT 2015 score cards will be entertained.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Number: 18002660207 (Monday to Saturday 09:00AM to 06:00PM; Not available on National/Public Holidays)
CAT Centre 2015,
C/O IIM Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad 380 015
Contact Numbers: 079-66324633/34
One thought on “CAT 2015 Exam Notification – Common Admission Test Schedule”
at present i am persuing my b.tech final year (4 th ). can i eligible to write d exam.