Happy birthday Deepika Padukone:Bollywood actress is celebrating her 30th birthday today. The Bollywood Diva who is the daughter of famous Badminton player Prakash Padukone, was born on January 5, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Padukone family moved to Bangalore when Deepika was eleven.The actress has several reasons to celebrate her birthday in a grand manner this time. All of her three films — “Piku”, “Tamasha” and “Bajirao Mastani” — have done extremely well at the box office.
Of recent, the actress has grabbed attention regarding her Hollywood project. It is reported that Deepika will star in Vin Diesel’s “XXX: The Return of Xander Cage” along with international stars like Jet Li and Tony Jaa.
Happy Birthday Deepika Padukone: Some unknown Facts about Her
Let’s take a look at some lesser-known facts about the birthday girl.
- It was singer Himesh Reshammiya who gave the actress her first break on the silver screen. Padukone appeared in his popular music video “Naam Hai Tera”, after which director Farah Khan roped her in for a movie.
- The “Piku” actress, who spent her childhood in Bengaluru (then Bangalore), made her debut in successful Kannada film “Aishwarya” in 2006. And, “Om Shanti Om” was not supposed to be her first film. Farah Khan had actually finalised her for “Happy New Year”, but later the actress was signed for “Om Shanti Om”, too.
- Deepika is the only actress in the Indian film industry whose back-to-back hits collected a total of Rs 500 crore in a single year (2013). “Race 2”, “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani”, “Chennai Express” and “Goliyon ki Raasleela – Ram-leela” were the films she did that year.
- She was not the first choice for Rohit Shetty’s “Chennai Express.” Another interesting facts is she is related to the legendary filmmaker Guru Dutt, whose real name was Vasanth Padukone.
- The leggy lass is also a sportsperson like her father. She played badminton at the national level and also played state level baseball.
- Apparently, Deepika was meant to make her debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Saawariya”. But Bhansali decided to go with the “Anil Kapoor’s Daughter & Rishi Kapoor’s Son” formula and signed Sonam Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor. Eventually, Deepika’s debut film released on the same day as “Saawariya”. It is speculated that this created an ongoing rivalry between the two actresses that hasn’t gone away as yet.
Deepika Padukone was born on 5th January 1986, in Copenhagen, Denmark. She is the daughter of famous badminton player Prakash Padukone, where her father was training. when she was eleven months old, Her family moved to Bangalore. Deepika is of Mangalorean origin and her mother tongue is Konkani. She also has a sister, Anisha, who is five years younger.
Deepika, who shares a close bond with her family members, she also has seen in advertisements with her father Prakash Padukone and mother Ujjala. She keeps visiting her parents in Bengaluru. Deepika, One of the highest paid actress in Bollywood, has made her place in the Bollywood industry on her own. Her hard work and perseverance are seen though her films.