Why Indians Don’t Pay Taxes – A letter doing the rounds currently on social media
Following is a letter doing the rounds currently on social media: Dear modiji, this is what we honest citizens feel about our governments – central and state.
PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND
We are not doing Tax “Chori’… this is tax saving (a bit of evading too). This is to ensure Security of our family, kids
and their future for any adversity.
1. WE BOUGHT generators/inverters in our houses, because government failed to provide constant electricity.
2. WE INSTALLED submersible pumps, because government failed to provide Water.
3. WE HIRED own security guards, because the government failed to proVide security.
4. WE SEND our kids to private schools, because the government failed to provide good education in public Schools.
5. WE HEADED for private hospitals to avail proper care and treatment, because government failed to provide good public hospitals.
6. WE BOUGHT cars because government didn’t provide transportation
A tax-payers anguish
Finally what the taxpayer gets in return at the retirement, when he needs most to survive?
Nothing, no social security. But instead all his hard earned income resource is used by the government to distribute subsidies and freebies in the name of Welfare schemes among masses to buy “free votes” to those who don’t pay any taxes.
Above all, what does the government do With our (tax) money?
Open courts-which do not give judgement. Open police station-which Works for politicians only and not protect citizens. Open hospitals which do not treat us Well. Build roads wherein 40-100% of money spent goes in vain due to graft.
Like Western democracies, if Indian government could provide all the above, Why Would anyone save taxes? We All know that the major tax revenues collected from us are consumed by government officials and politicians (Billions of dollars are lying in foreign banks).
A manufacturer Works at a margin of between 2% and 10%, whereas government needs 30% of his income to cover it’s expenditure. How fair is it?
That’s the reason no one Wants to pay taxes.
We save taxes for our necessities, family. for our old age, for our safety, security and this phenomenon is the sign of failure of government in discharging it’s own functions fairly and efficiently.
BUT ON THE OTHER HAND…
We challenge that if the government announces that Rs 1000 crore is required for Indian Army or Floods or Earthquake victims!!!
The same amount will be deposited within couple of days by these “tax Savers Only.
We will come forward with open hearts.
Source & Image credits: http://epaper.deccanchronicle.com/articledetailpage.aspx?id=7044950